Take some homemade pancakes and turn them into a delicous meal.
- For the Pancakes
- 100g plain flour
- Approx. 200ml milk
- 2 medium eggs
- pinch salt
- 25g melted, salted butter
- oil, for greasing
- For the Sauce
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 1 x 10g any stock cube, fish included for fish-based dish
- dash of any vinegar
- cup of water
- 6 tbsp fresh basil roughly chopped
- For the Pancake Rolls
- 1 large leek, washed well and sliced finely the softened in a little oil and butter
- 4 x 100g fingers of salmon fillet, skinned and boneless (frozen defrosted is fine)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
MethodFor the Pancakes
- Place the flour in a large bowl; add half the milk, eggs and salt then beat together.
- Slowly add the rest of the milk to make a thin batter then whisk in the melted butter.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick frying pan and add a little oil.
- Pour in a spoonful of oil and swirl around.
- Add the batter and cook over a high heat till lightly browned.
- Flip over and cook for a further 1 minute to blister slightly.
- Flip out and repeat the process. No need to layer with greaseproof paper, they won’t stick, trust me…
- Cover and use when needed or eat warm straight from the pan.
For the Sauce
- Place everything in to a pan and bring to the boil.
- The simmer for 15 minutes or until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Just before using add the basil and stir through.
For the Pancake Rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Lay each pancake out on a board.
- Place the salmon fillet on one half.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Top with some leek and 1 tbsp mayo, fold over and rill up making sure the fold is underneath.
- Repeat with the other 3 pancakes. Place into a baking dish, slightly apart, then spoon over the sauce.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes, then eat.