Prep Time: 15 mins
Ready in: 10-15 mins
Difficulty: Very Easy
- 2 x 200g pieces of fresh salmon, free on skin and bone
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 1 x 10g vegetable stock cube
- 500g fusilli pasta, this also works well with spaghetti
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 50g fresh baby spinach leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- extra chopped basil
- ½ lemon
- Heat a small frying pan, and then add the oil.
- Season the salmon really well and gently cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes, so its half cooked, don’t rush. Remove the pan from the stove.
- At the same time, place a pan of cold water on the stove add half the stock cube and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the pasta and cook until just tender then drain and keep warm.
- Cook the peas in boiling stock/water 1 minute.
- Pop ¾ of the peas into a liquidiser with the other half of the stock cube, extra virgin olive oil, mustard and basil and blitz, gradually adding enough vegetable stock to give you a nice, thick green, smooth puree.
- Pour the sauce over the warm pasta and fold through along with the spinach.
- Flake the salmon into big pieces and again gently fold through the pasta and sauce.
- Try and not to break it up too much.
- Serve in deep bowls, top with a little extra chopped basil, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon.