- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 250g brown mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 4 thick slices sour dough or similar bread
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Pre heat an oven or grill.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the bread and season well with salt and pepper.
- Grill or bake until half cooked and crunchy.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and add the onions and soften for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook until they soften and any water has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and add the Créme fraiche, stir well and season.
- Serve the mushrooms on the baked toast.