Great lunch box food for the kids, even better for adults. These chewy bars are studded with good things. Just mix all the ingredients together and bake."
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 55g (2oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 250g (9oz) porridge oats
- 100g (3½oz) dried cranberries and cherries
- 250g (9oz) ready-to-eat apricots, sliced
- 85g (3oz) pumpkin seeds
- 85g (3oz) sunflower seeds
- You will also need a 18 x 28cm (8x11) baking tin,
lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and sugar together over a low heat.
- Add the condensed milk and golden syrup. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats, the dried cranberries and cherries, the apricots and 50 g (2 oz) each of the pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Press into the prepared tin, then lightly press on the remaining seeds. Bake for 25 inch“30 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 12 bars.