Simple and tasty, great dish for making in advance, also very colourful...
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 4 tsp chopped fresh chervil
- 4 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic clove, crushed
- 600g cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 500g fettucine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl, then add the Herbs and garlic and stir well. Finally, stir in the cherry tomatoes and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile cook the fettucine in a large pan with plenty of boiling water for 3 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain pasta through a colander then refresh under cold running water to stop it sticking together. Drain well again.
- Add the pasta to the dressing and toss together to coat. Season and allow to stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to get the fullest flavour out of everything.
- Eat cold, or just warmed through under a preheated grill for a few seconds.