Your privacy is extremely important to us, so we want you to know exactly what kind of information we collect about you and how we use it. This policy is intended to be clear, simple and easy to read. We hope you will find everything you need here, but you can contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any questions.
We’ve set out all the details below.
Please take the time to read and understand this policy.
To help you, we’ve included some links to other websites. It’s worth remembering that other people, not us, control these websites. We’re not responsible for them.
In this policy, “we” means Vickery TV Limited.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller, meaning we are responsible for how your personal information is handled.
We use your data to provide you, excellent services. That includes doing things like:
- Improving our products and services for you, performing market research to understand our customers’ views and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging;
- Providing you with the products and services you have selected, keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries. Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention, assessing credit risk when provisioning loans and ensuring we provide the products and services you have selected.
We may use information about you to:
Improve our products and services
- Enhance and personalise the products and services that we offer you and develop new products and services;
- Perform analysis and research and monitor usage behaviour;
Provide you with services and information
- Provide you with the products and services you have selected and manage your account with us;
- Provide you with access to parts of this site;
- Contact you if necessary;
- Tell you about any new services or functionality (e.g., the introduction of a new product);
- Market our products and services to you;
- Send you information about our products and services by e-mail or other means if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- Send you information about products and services offered by other companies that we think you might be interested in if you have opted to receive relevant marketing communications.
Satisfy our legal, regulatory and business requirements
- Help us keep your account safe, e.g., checking your identity;
- Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you raise;
- Assess credit risk, assess the provision of loans, debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention.
We will not disclose your personal information or information about your usage of our services to third parties.
To provide you with targeted Vickery TV or third party offers, promotions or commercial communications if you have opted in to receiving relevant marketing communications;
- To give them a better understanding of our business; and/or;
- To provide you with products and services or to improve the products or services you are already receiving.
We are allowed to use your information in these ways because:
- We need it to provide you with products and services and to manage your account with us;
- We need to use some of your information to comply with legal and regulatory obligations (such as legal obligations);
- We have a legitimate business interest in some uses of your information (such as conducting market research); and/or;
- You may have given your consent to us to use your data for certain activities, e.g., marketing communications.
We keep information while you’re our customer and after you’ve left us.
We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected for various reasons.
For example, we might need to sort out disagreements, stop fraud and abuse, prove that you had an account with us or follow our legal obligations. Or the police may need it as evidence. We may also keep information about how you use our products or services.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
We will share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you’ve chosen to use;
- When you have provided your consent;
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements such as a request from the competition authority, law enforcement agency or a credit reference agency.
- With any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency;
- With any debt collection agency or credit reference agency;
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of Vickery TV to new or prospective owners. In these circumstances, we would require them to keep it confidential;
- Where we (or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf) are required to do so by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect Vickery TV or third-party rights and property;
- Where you give us false or inaccurate information and/or we identify or suspect fraud;
- In response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk;
- In response to a complaint that you have breached the terms & conditions of the service or any other product or service terms.
We collect information directly from you, such as information filled in within registration forms, surveys and community posts;
- Your contact information, including name, e-mail address and telephone number;
- Your Community interactions, including posts and comments;
- Your communications with us, including requests and complaints;
- Your activity/interactions on our website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data. You can edit or amend your information by visiting the My Account section of the tv website. For data not updateable through My Account, you will need to contact us;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to information that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our member services team (online request forms for this will be available from the 25th of May 2018). In addition, you will need to provide the following information so that we can verify your identity:
- A colour copy of the account holder’s passport driving licence, birth certificate or utility bill;
Vickery TV is required to respond to your request within one month. Vickery TV is permitted an additional two months to process your request where requests are complex and excessive. However, we would provide an update on your request within one month of receiving it in these circumstances.
When requesting a copy of your personal data, you can also do this via post.
Vickery TV reserve the right to charge an admin fee or refuse a request where requests for data are clearly unreasonable or excessive, particularly if they are repetitive.
You can also opt out of marketing communications by following unsubscribe links at the bottom of any marketing e-mails or text messages received from Vickery TV.
We will never give your personal data to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly given us your permission.
Vickery TV is committed to keeping your data secure. We use various security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
Security of Communications
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmail’s, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. In addition, your communications may route through several countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. Vickery TV cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information beyond our control.
Vickery TV Blogs, Chat rooms and Forums.
You are reminded that chat rooms and opinion forums are for public discussion. Any personal information that you choose to supply when you participate in these discussions is widely accessible. Never reveal any personal information such as your telephone number, postal or e-mail address when you participate in these discussions.
Users 13 and under
If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before providing any personal information or before taking part in any www.vickery.tv discussion. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Co-Branded Micro Sites and Third-Party Sites
We do not share any personally identifiable information unless otherwise stated.
This policy does not apply to third-party sites operated by those promoting Vickery TV.
Along with a section on Privacy, Get Safe Online has plenty of other good advice about protecting yourself online
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries with us in relation to your information, you can contact us by writing to the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Spots Consulting Ltd.
P.O. Box 6945
London W1A 6US
We will check this policy from time to time and post any changes here.
We may also let you know about these changes by e-mail, voicemail or text.