Traybakes are super-fast and easy, perfect for a midweek feast and my baked salmon with olives and peppers is a doozy.
- 500 g roasted peppers, roughly chopped
- 150 g black pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 10 spring onions, cut into large diagonals
- 300 g bag washed spinach
- 800 g middle fillet of salmon (200g each) on the skin but scaled, no pin bones
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230C gas 8.
- Place the peppers, olives, spring onions into a baking tray, mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the spinach leaves.
- Make a hole in the centre and place the salmon fillet in, again season well with salt and pepper.
- Place the tray into the hot oven and cook for 12-14 minutes, or roughly until the salmon fillet is half cooked (you will see small white globules of cooked protein halfway up the side of the fillet, but the centre of the fillet still raw)
- Remove the tray from the oven when the salmon is half cooked, cover with foil and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, mix all the peppers and the wilted spinach again, the fish will now be perfectly cooked. Check the seasoning
- Serve in the tray and spoon off the salmon with the vegetables.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket