- 700 g Alaska Pacific cod fillets, (4 x 175g)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sieved
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 4 medium gherkins, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 shallots, peeled and chopped very finely
- 6 tsp olive oil
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a selection of salad leave, or a few baby spinach leaves and soft herbs like basil, dill, chervil or tarragon
- First, make the sauce, place the sieved eggs, capers, gherkins, parsley, shallots together in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and finally the lemon juice and zest, season well and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the fillets all over with salt and pepper, then rub with the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a griddle or frying pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, do not overcook.
- At this point, remove from the pan and leave in a warm place to rest and finish cooking.
- Arrange a few salad leaves in the centre of a large plate, top with the hot cod and spoon over the dressing.
- The centre of the fish will be warm and undercooked, which is perfect.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket