Eat before midnight!!!!
- 135 g packet red jelly cubes
- 12 leaves platinum grade gelatine (20g)
- large watermelon
- 3 apples
- small piece of cucumber
- long jelly string sweets
- Make up the jelly according to the packet instructions
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water until soft. Heat one litre of water in a pan until hot but not boiling. Add the softened gelatine and stir until completely dissolved. Stir into the red jelly and mix. Leave to cool.
- Cut a lid from the watermelon, leave about 4cm intact at each end, and cut about 1/3 of the way down - then scoop out the watermelon flesh.
- Peel the apples. Take one apple and, using a small sharp knife, cut out slots for the face making eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cut small pieces of cucumber to make eyes to fill up the eye slots. Push them into position
- Cut the second apple to make pieces to form the legs and arms and fix into position with cocktail sticks to the third apple. Make a small hole through the centre of the body and poke the end of the jelly string through it securely so that it stays in position.
- Push 3 or 4 cocktail sticks into the bottom of the watermelon, then carefully position the apples on top of them to form the alien
- Use a small sharp knife to make a small hole in the side of the watermelon and thread the other end of the jelly string through it. Chill until set.
- Caution – please take care if serving to young children and be mindful of the sharp cocktail sticks inside the apples.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket