This is an indulgent and delicious dessert, ideal for a special treat.
- 600 ml milk
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 lemon finely grated zest
- 125 g semi dried cherries
- 100 g small fudge pieces
- 6 almond croissants, sliced into 1cm slices
- 6 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp water
- 50 g fudge pieces
- thick double cream or vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheated oven to 160C gas 3.
- Place the milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, yolks, vanilla, Golden syrup, nutmeg and lemon zest together.
- Pour over the slightly cooled milk and cream.
- Place half the sliced croissant into 30cm square 4cm deep ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over half the cherries and fudge pieces, then top with the other half of the croissant pieces, fudge and cherries.
- Gently pour over the warm milk and cream mix.
- Lightly press down with a potato masher so the croissant are completely immersed, leave for about 5 minutes to soak up the cream and milk, then re press.
- Cover the dish with silver foil and place the dish in a baking tray.
- Pour boiling water around dish until its roughly half way up the side of the pudding dish.
- Carefully place the tray into the pre heated oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, do not let it overcook and soufflé The custard needs to be just set or slightly under cooked.
- Carefully remove from the water bath and take off the foil.
- Mix the apricot jam with the water and mix well, paint onto the top of the pudding.
- Sprinkle over fudge pieces and serve with cream or ice cream or both!
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket