- 6 eggs
- 450 g sugar
- 225 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Oven 165C or 325F
- Remove 2 tbsp of the sugar and place in a pan with 4 tbsp of water to cover
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the rest of the sugar and add the Ground Almonds and Beat again.
- Heat the sugar gently to dissolve, stirring as it does. Simmer to form a syrup that lightly coats the back of a spoon; this takes about 4 mins.
- Place this in the cake tin and pour the egg mixture over it.
- Place in a bain-marie with very hot water and into a preheated oven for 30 mins
- Remove from the oven and cool in the bain-marie until the water is tepid and you can put your finger in the water comfortably.
- Turn out the dessert and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket