A classic wrap fit for any table, simple, elegant and scrumptious.
- 2 medium chicken breasts, skin and bone free
- 500 mls chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 tsp mild curry powder
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 125 ml small glass red wine
- 125 ml small glass of water
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 slices lemon
- squeeze or lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 2 tbsp apricot puree, made from semi-dried apricots and a little water, then liquidised until you have a fine puree
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp whipped double cream
- 200 g Iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Poach the chicken breasts in chicken stock until just cooked, then remove and chill
- Heat the oil, add the onion and curry powder, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, wine, water and bay and bring to a simmer.
- Add the lemon slices and a squeeze of lemon.
- Reduce by about half.
- Remove lemon slices and bay leaves, but leave in the onions (Angela would not be happy), then cool.
- Add mayo and puree to the cooled mixture, and season well with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice to taste.
- Chop the chicken into small pieces, then add enough mayo sauce to just coat the chicken.
- Add a little whipped cream, not too much, then gently fold in.
- Add a little lettuce to the wrap and add the chicken mix.
- Roll up tightly, then wrap in cooking brown paper tightly.
- Chill and cut on a long angle and serve when ready.
- Serve; this sauce is also fantastic with poached lobster.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket