- 2 large Bramley cooking apples
- 2 desert apples, any will do
- 200 mls cold water, roughly
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 75 g caster sugar, depending on the sweetness of the apples
- 50 g unsalted butter
- Peel and core the apples.
- Place the water, chopped apples, lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Cook gently for 15 minutes until the apples are soft and pulpy and you have a nice thick stew.
- Season with a little salt, pepper, sugar and butter.
- Remove from the heat and cool, then add the lemon zest, serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket