- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, 1cm pieces
- 4 celery sticks, 1cm pieces
- 1 medium leek, well-washed and finely chopped
- 200 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 750 mls water, roughly
- 2 chicken oxo cubes
- 300 g firm white cabbage, roughly chopped
- 225 g minced chicken thigh
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium egg white
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
To Thicken The Soup
- extra virgin olive oil
- Place the onions, carrots, celery, leek, mushrooms, Worcester sauce and water into a saucepan.
- Cover with the water and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Next, add the cabbage and cook for 10 minutes to soften.
- Place all the ingredients for the dumpling into a food processor and blitz until you have a nice thick puree.
- Dust your hands with cornflour, then take small amounts of the chicken puree and mould it into dumplings roughly the size of a 50p piece.
- Bring the broth to a simmer and drop in the dumplings one at a time (you may need to add a little more stock)
- Once all the dumplings are in, simmer for about 10 minutes or until the dumplings are cooked.
- Now, depending on the thickness of the soup, thicken slightly. Don’t go mad; use a bit of cornflour and cold water to bring everything together.
- Serve in deep bowls with crusty bread and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket