I do like easy cooking, this recipe doesn't get any simpler, and it looks very impressive. The blue cheese can be omitted if you want or changed for a different cheese altogether, such as Cheddar, Lancashire or even Caerphilly. I use Cropwell Bishop as it has a very creamy flavour and waxy texture.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon, finely grated
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 2 small heads of chicory, sliced
- 2 small heads red chicory, sliced
- 115 g bag Hampshire watercress
- 855 g artichokes, (3 x 285g jars) well drained
- 400 g cannellini beans, well drained
- 175 g Cropwell Bishop Stilton cheese, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the garlic with the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and chopped mint.
- Mix the artichokes, beans, and cheese, then add the oil mixture and combine well.
- Add the chicory and watercress.
- Season well and leave for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Serve piled into bowls with crusty bread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket