Makes 1 large fishcake
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped very finely
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, chopped and boiled and mashed
- 350 g salmon bits, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 150 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- Heat the 4 tbsp of oil and soften the onions, garlic and peppers for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cooked warm potatoes.
- Add the salmon to the warm potatoes, then add the onions and peppers and mix well.
- Season well with salt and pepper, add a little more oil to moisten slightly.
- Chill well, when cold form them into small balls.
- Coat in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry in small batches in 3-4 cm hot oil.
- Serve with cocktail sticks.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket