Some little ideas for Boxing Day snacks to keep your guests happy.
- 4 medium onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 225 g good quality mayonnaise
- 250 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 pickled Jalapenos, finely chopped
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and garlic and cook for about 20 minutes, covered to really soften.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Cheddar, mayonnaise, Tabasco and Worcester sauces.
- Finally, add the Jalapenos and a good seasoning of salt and ground pepper.
- Place into a ceramic baking dish, sprinkle liberally with the paprika evenly, and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 15 minutes, then eat warm, not hot.
- Eat with crackers, slices of crunchy bread or with breadsticks.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket