- 500 g cooked potatoes, skin on cut into slices
- 100 olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 370 g tuna, (2 x 185g cans) well drained
- 200 g cooked Basmati rice, (microwavable 1 sachet is perfect re-heat first though)
- 6 medium free-range eggs
- 250 ml milk, (half pint roughly)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- 150 g frozen peas, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or tarragon, roughly chopped
- 50 g mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized deep non-stick frying pan, add half the potato slices overlapping slightly. Cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
- Sprinkle on the raw onion and tuna fish chunks evenly. Next, sprinkle over the warmed, cooked rice. Top with the rest of the cooked potato.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, olive oil, oregano and then season well. Pour over the potato mixture, and place in the hot oven until risen and set, about 10-12 minutes.
- When cooked, remove from the oven, cover with foil and leave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make up the salad by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Invert the cooked potato cake onto a plate and cut into wedges, serve hot or cold with a sprinkle of cheese and the tomato salad
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket