- 5 peppers, a mix of all colours
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small red onions, sliced, not chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pinch dried chilli flakes
- 250 g smoked tofu, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp honey
- 165 g coconut milk
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 150 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko)
- 75 g dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cut 4 of the peppers in half lengthways, remove the seeds, so you end up with 8 halves. Chop the remaining pepper into 1cm pieces.
- Brush with a bit of oil and salt and pepper and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes whilst you cook the rest of the ingredients.
- Next, heat the oil and add the onions, chilli and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes to get some colour.
- Add the tofu, honey, coconut milk and peanut butter and cook for 6-8 minutes or until you have a thickish sauce, then remove from the heat.
- Mix the panko with the peanuts and coriander.
- Add the coriander, then remove the peppers from the oven and fill with the thick tofu stew.
- Top generously with the panko mix and pop back in the oven to finish cooking the peppers, probably for 5- 10 minutes, do not overcook.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket