Some foods naturally complement each other in flavour and, when eaten in combination, can interact to make them more effective. A spoonful of yoghurt with this rhubarb for breakfast is a delightfully nutritious way to start the day.
- 250 g rhubarb, trimmed and sliced into 2cm pieces
- 50 ml juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp low-fat natural yoghurt, 1 per person
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6.
- Tear off a sheet of thick foil, pile the rhubarb pieces in the centre and pull up the sides of the foil around the rhubarb to make an open parcel. Pour over the orange juice, then fold over the foil and close to make a loose parcel.
- Place the foil parcel on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes until the rhubarb is soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly, then mash or blend the rhubarb to a purée, or leave it in chunks and serve with the juices, as you prefer.
- Serve warm or cold with a spoonful of natural yoghurt or on top of a bowl of porridge.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket