- 8 rashers streaky bacon, cut into small pieces and cooked until crisp
- 1 tbsp any oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ cm pieces
- 150 g rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200 ml any milk
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 6.
- Place the bacon and oil into a frying pan and cook until crispy.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and then add the sweet potato and cook over a low heat covered with a piece of foil until soft, probably 10 minutes.
- Place the oats in a bowl and add the baking powder and mix well.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked, spoon onto a plate, then gently mash with a fork.
- Mix the sweet potato, milk and honey really well.
- Stir into the oats and mix really well.
- Spoon into a 20cm parchment-lined baking tray.
- Spoon over the bacon pieces and gently press in.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and slightly puffed.
- Remove from the oven and carefully lift out the parchment and leave to cool.
- Cut and eat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket