I think the combination of bananas and fudge is a real winner. Eaten on its own or with fresh fruits, this ice cream is extremely satisfying, and you don't need an ice cream machine to make it.
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 large firm bananas, chopped into small pieces
- juice of a large lemon
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 300 ml carton double cream, lightly whipped
- 300 ml carton single cream
- 200 g fudge, finely chopped
- Place the sugar in a thick-bottomed saucepan and melt over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramel brown in colour.
- Add the chopped banana and lemon juice and mix well. Cook over a gentle heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the caramel and banana soften, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Mix the condensed milk, cinnamon and creams, add the caramel banana mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow plastic box and freeze until slushy (about 2 to 3 hours). Beat the mixture with a fork, then stir in the fudge pieces.
- Freeze again overnight.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket