All the ingredients for the sauce are a rough approximation, and you can add more or less to suit your taste. All the fish is freshly cooked.
- 12 small shell off freshwater prawns
- 8 large whole freshwater prawns
- 1 large crab
- 6 king crab claws, cracked
- 2 lobster tails, cracked or peeled
- 6 Moreton Bay Bugs (crab), langoustine or lobster if you can't get Bugs
- 50 g fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies
- 75 ml soy sauce
- 75 ml Mirin
- 75 ml rice wine vinegar
- 2 sugar
- 1 small bunch fresh Thai basil, roughly chopped
- 150 g carrot strips
- 100 g hot radish strips
- 200 g beansprouts
- 100 g cooked rice noodles
- 12 fresh oysters
- 4 large limes
- Pre-cook all the shellfish first.
- Season well, then grill gently, brushing with oil occasionally.
- Place all the ingredients for the dip into a bowl and really mix well.
- Layer up the shellfish, carrots, bean sprouts and noodles.
- Pour over a little of the sauce, serve the rest alongside.
- Add fresh oysters and halves of lime.
- Crusty bread is all you need.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket