One of the greatest sauces for steak.
- 10 crushed white peppercorns
- 2 small shallots, very finely chopped
- 4 x 6cm sprigs of tarragon, leaves removed
- 100 ml tarragon vinegar
- 50 ml dry white wine or water
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 5 egg yolks
- dash lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Place the peppercorns, tarragon stalks (not leaves), shallots, vinegar, wine into a pan and reduce by half in total volume.
- Place the egg yolks and hot vinegar reduction into a bowl, whisk over a pan of simmering water, and cook until frothy and thick.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the melted warm butter until totally homogenised.
- Season well with salt and pepper and a little lemon juice.
- Finally, fold in the chopped tarragon stalks.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket