You can make this sauce with extra mushrooms and a vegetable stock cube for a veggie version, perhaps a nice sauce for the Spicy Bean & Mozzarella Roasts.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 50 ml brandy or sherry, (a small glass)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 150 ml double cream, roughly
- ½ beef stock cube
- freshly milled black pepper
- ½ pot fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 small gherkins, sliced and then cut into fine strips
- 500 g Sirloin steaks, (2 x 250g)
- 250 g long grain rice
- Heat the oil, add the onions and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add the mushrooms and Brandy (see tips) and bring to a boil. Cook until the mushrooms have cooked for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat (if using a gas hob) when you add the brandy, or it may ignite and catch you unawares.
- Add the paprika, cream, crumbled stock cube and a little pepper, bring to the boil, if nice and thick, and turn off the heat. If you do not have a nice consistency, then cook for a few more minutes.
- Once you are happy, add the parsley and gherkins, season and mix well. Keep warm and covered.
- Serve with golden microwavable rice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket