Carnation Caramel makes the easiest base for oaty flapjack style treats.
- 300 g apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 397 g Carnation Caramel
- 200 g oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the crumbly topping
- 55 g oats
- 15 g butter, finely cubed
- 55 g toasted flaked almonds
- 300 g fresh or frozen forest fruits
- you will also need a 18 x 28cm (8"x11") baking tin, lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Tip the apple into a saucepan with 6 tablespoons of water, cover with a lid and cook until soft (about 5-6 minutes). Drain the excess water and puree in a blender or mash with a potato masher.
- Tip 200g of the oats and the cinnamon into a large bowl and add the cooked apple and two-thirds of the caramel. Mix well.
- Spread two-thirds of the oat mixture onto the base of the tin and push into the corners with the back of a spoon for a completely smooth layer.
- Tumble the berries on top of the base. Beat the caramel in the can, then drizzle over the berries.
- Add 55g of oats to the remaining mixture in the bowl and mix well. Using your fingers, rub in the butter (it gets a little messy!).
- Add the almonds and stir together.
- Dot the final oat mixture over the berries and press down slightly to stick all the layers together. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy with a blob of Greek yoghurt or clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket