Bitter Chocolate and Orange Truffles
This is the simplest way to make homemade truffles. They can be prepared well in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Then, all you need to do is dust with a little cocoa powder just before serving coffee.
- 200 g bitter chocolate (70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces
- 300 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 2 tbsp orange liqueur
- finely grated zest of an orange
- cocoa powder to dust
- Put the chocolate, condensed milk and cream in a large bowl. Place in the microwave and heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes, occasionally stirring until the chocolate has melted. The mixture will thicken quite a lot; this is normal.
- Mix in the orange liqueur and zest cover and chill for 4 hours, or overnight, so the chocolate sets really well.
- Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and coat it liberally with cocoa powder.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the mixture into truffles, then drop onto the cocoa powder and coat well.
- Lift out, place on a baking sheet and chill well in the refrigerator.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg