Bramley apples are ideal for crumble and work really well with the Blackberries.
- 4 Bramley apples, large peeled cored and cut into medium sized chunks
- 200 g caster sugar
- touch of water
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- 250 g fresh blackberries, roughly
- 200 g salted butter
- 400 g plain flour
- 200 g caster sugar, roughly
- Preheat the oven to 19C, Gas 5.
- Place the apples, sugar and lemon into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the apples are half cooked, then remove from the stove.
- Spoon carefully into a 25cm x 5cm (roughly) deep baking dish
- Sprinkle over the fresh blackberries.
- Place the cold butter and flour together in a food processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is at fine breadcrumbs, then tip into a bowl.
- Using a spoon mix in the sugar. This way around ensures that the mixture does not cake up, but keeps the crumble nice and loose.
- Spread evenly over the apples and blackberries taking care not too pack down leave nice and domed.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until nice and golden.
- Remove and cool before eating.
- I serve mine with custard, double cream, clotted cream or vanilla ice cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket