- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 1 glass white wine
- 750 ml veg stock, approx
- 75 g blue cheese, very finely grated or pasted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250 g dried breadcrumbs
- Place the oil into a pan and heat, then add the onion and cook for 5 mins to soften slightly.
- Add the rice and coat well, then add the wine and cook until all evaporated or absorbed into the rice.
- Gradually add the boiling veg stock, stirring all the time, until the rice is just cooked and nice and thick.
- Remove from the stove, add the cheese, salt and pepper, mix well, then chill really well.
- Mould small amounts to about the size of a large marble.
- Roll each one in flour and beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs, chill well.
- Deep fry in oil with a temp of 175C in small amounts. Serve warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket