- 2 discs sweet dessert pastry, 12 inch discs
- 700 g fresh blueberries
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cornflour
- zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling on top of the pie
- Pre heat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Line the tart case with one disc of pastry.
- Place the blueberries and cornflour into a bowl and mix really well.
- Add the sugar and lime juice and mix well again.
- Pour into the lined tart, moisten the edges with a little beaten egg.
- Top with the second disc, seal the edges well.
- Cut off any excess pastry and crimp decoratively.
- Brush with beaten egg, and sprinkle with sugar. Make 3 small incisions on the top of the pie and place them in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes until the top of the pie is golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool before eating.
- Cut into wedges and serve with lots of ice cream and vanilla sweetened double cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket