Pears are sublime at the peak of their season and readily available any time of year. This light dessert satisfies one of your 5-a-day servings, as well as providing a source of fibre and potassium. Simply poached in cranberry and grape juices, the pears take on a subtle flush of colour.
- 2 ripe pears
- 300 ml cranberry and grape juice (pre-mixed carton)
- 1 small sprig rosemary
- Peel the pears, retaining the stalks, and slice lengthways into halves or leave whole if you prefer.
- Put the juice in a medium-sized pan, slot in the pears and heat to a simmer.
- Poach them uncovered for about 30 minutes until the pears are tender and the liquid has reduced by about half.
- Spoon the juice over frequently so that the pears take on a pretty blush colour.
- About 5 minutes before the end, pop the sprig of rosemary in for flavour.
- Serve warm or cold with the juice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket