It's tough to beat a steaming bowl of spicy bacon and beans on a chilly bonfire night!
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped finely
- 150 g chorizo, finely chopped
- 150 g pancetta or bacon, finely chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 10 g pork stock cube
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 200 water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp black treacle
- 2 tbsp any vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
- 800 g butter beans, drained well
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions, chorizo and bacon and cook for 10 minutes to render slightly and take a good colour.
- Next, add the tomatoes, stock cube, puree, water, Worcester sauce, treacle, vinegar and liquid smoke if using.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until reduced and nice and thick, then add the beans and warm through.
- Season well and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket