This recipe works well with gluten-free pasta, which is available from most supermarkets. The secret is to lightly cook the pasta, then finish cooking it in the oven. You can cover it with mozzarella or Parmesan for a cheesy topping. Or pop it in the oven without any cheese for a crunchy topping.
- 200 g Gluten-Free pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 425 g can borlotti beans, well drained
- finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 40 g pine nuts
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch one or two of dried chilli flakes
- 350 ml double cream
- ½ gluten-free vegetable stock cube
- 200 g mozzarella cheese
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- green salad with rocket and onion, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/gas mark 7.
- Cook the pasta for half the time stated on the pack. Drain well. Toss in the olive oil to stop the pasta from sticking together.
- Meanwhile, place the beans, lemon zest, pine nuts, parsley and chilli in a bowl and mix well. Next, add the pasta to the bean mixture.
- Place the cream and stock cube in a small pan, bring to a boil, whisk well to dissolve the cube, then pour over the bean mixture and stir well. Taste, then season if needed.
- Spoon the mixture into a 28 x 28 x 4cm baking dish. Top with the sliced mozzarella or grated Parmesan, if using, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until well browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before eating, or it will be too hot! Serve with a green salad with plenty of onion and rocket.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket