- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g pack frozen chicken strips
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes in juice with herbs
- 50 g black olives, chopped
- 50 g green olives chopped
- 200 g long grain rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500 ml boiling water
- freshly milled black pepper
- 200 g frozen prawns , defrosted
- 100 g Feta cheese, chopped finely
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C gas mark 5.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan, add the onion, oregano, and garlic, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen chicken strips, the can of tomatoes, olives and really mix well.
- Then add the rice, crumbled stock cube and enough boiling water just to cover all the ingredients.
- Season well with coarse ground black pepper.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil, stir well, then cover and place into the preheated oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until all the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Remove from the oven, fluff up with a fork, and stir in the defrosted prawns and cheese.
- Leave for 5 minutes to warm the prawns and cheese through, and this will make sure that the rice fluffs up better.
- Check the seasoning and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket