These succulent meatballs make a quick and wholesome midweek meal.
- 400 g minced beef (15-20% fat content)
- 6 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- ½ medium egg white
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 can chopped tomatoes in juice
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 100 ml water
- pinch sugar
- 150 g fresh baby fresh spinach leaves
- Place the mince, garlic, onions and salt and pepper into a bowl and really mix well to a paste consistency.
- Mix the egg white and cornflour really well.
- Roll the mince into small balls, the size of a 50p piece, roughly.
- Add to the cornflour and egg white and really coat well.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil (any) in a large sauté pan (with a lid. Add the meatballs and roll around until nicely browned and sealed well.
- Add the canned tomatoes, crumbled stock cube, water and sugar (optional) and bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat to a simmer and cover, cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid and cook until you have a nice sauce consistency.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat add the beetroot gnocchi. Sauté over high heat to get a nice colour, say 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the meatballs and wilt, re-season well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket