The perfect accompaniment to Mince Pies and Christmas Pudding. I like to serve double cream as well, why not? After all, it is Christmas.
- 568 full fat milk
- 55 g unrefined caster sugar
- 30 g custard powder, slaked with 4 tbsp cold water
- 55 g cold salted butter, cut into small cubes
- Brandy or Armagnac to taste
- Boil the milk and thicken with the custard powder/water mix
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the sugar and cold butter until dissolved.
- Stir in the Brandy, cover and keep warm.
- I keep it in a Thermos flask. It keeps perfectly well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket