These bars are a winner with the kids at home. I think it's partly because of the texture, crunchy with a lovely background flavour, and of course, the sweetness of the sugar. Of course, you can omit the sugar if you want, but the texture will be slightly crumblier.
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 100 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g semi-dried cranberries
- 100 g semi-dried blueberries
- 100 g Gluten-Free porridge oats
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150 g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat the oven to 180C gas 4. Line a 24cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the seeds, fruit, oats, sugar and spices in a large bowl and mix well.
- Put the condensed milk and butter into a bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water. Melt together until well blended and hot. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir the butter mixture into the fruit and seeds and mix really well.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and pack down lightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, cool and cut into bars.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket