- 700 g sprouts, tightly closed and brilliant green, trimmed
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 6 small shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 large Bramley apple, small dice
- 250 dry cider
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- Cook the sprouts in plenty of boiling water, until soft in the centre, about 10 minutes. They need to be slightly overcooked, I think.
- Or place into a medium-sized bowl, add salt, pepper and 200mls water. Cover with film, make a couple of small holes and microwave for 5 minutes. Check and see if it is cooked. If not, recover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cool under cold water, drain well. They can be done a few hours before.
- There is only one way to warm them up, pop them in the microwave.
- Warm the butter add the shallot, and cook for 1 minute to soften, then add the apple and cook for 10 minutes until the apple softens.
- Add the cider and stock cube cook down till syrupy.
- When ready, add the sprouts and coat well.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket