Even the kids will try this. It must be the slightly sweeter angle, they really are tasty, but you must drain the sprouts well.
- 700 g sprouts, tightly closed and brilliant green, trimmed
- 200 g crème fraîche
- 2 tsp Madras curry paste, level
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 small shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sprouts in plenty of boiling water, until soft in the centre, about 10 minutes. They need to be slightly overcooked, I think.
- Or place into a medium-sized bowl, add salt, pepper and 200 ml of water. Cover with film, make a couple of small holes and microwave for 5 minutes. Check and see if it cooked. If not, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Cool under cold water, then drain really well. You can do this a few hours before.
- There is only one way to warm them up when you come to serve, pop them in the microwave.
- Warm the oil, add the shallot, and cook for 1 minute to soften, then add the curry paste, cook for a further 1 minute, then cool.
- Warm the sprouts, pour off any water, then stir in the curry and shallots, creme fraiche, chutney and finally chopped coriander.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket