This is a nice alternative to have as a dip to eat in front of the telly with a large glass of white wine or as an accompaniment to serve with grilled meat or fish for a summer lunch dish.
- 410 g butter beans, drained
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cold water, approx
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- half a lemon
- 4 salmon steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cooked new potatoes with chopped mint, to serve
- Put the beans, shallot, garlic, vinegar and water into a food processor and blitz until smooth - you may need to add a little more water to make a firm (but not solid) consistency. Gradually add enough olive oil to make the mixture smooth and gloopy, blitzing between each addition.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Stir well.
- Preheat a grill. Place the salmon steaks on the grill pan, drizzle over a little olive oil and season. Grill for a few minutes on each side until just cooked (be careful not to overcook them).
- Spoon some of the butterbean guacamole onto plates and sit a salmon steak on top of each. Serve with minted new potatoes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket