This really is an easy way to cook freshwater prawns. First, make the sauce, then drop in the frozen prawns and cook through. It's as simple as that.
- 16 freshwater prawns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 10 g vegetable stock cube
- 800 g chopped tomatoes in juice, 2 x 400g cans
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- red wine is best but any will do
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil, then add the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock cube, sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until thick and really tasty.
- Finally, add the parsley.
- To cook the prawns, remove them from the freezer and open them.
- Drop the frozen prawns into the finished sauce and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly cooked.
- Serve the hot stew evenly into 4 bowls or plates.
- Top with the cooked prawns and a little extra olive oil.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket