One thing to remember about cooking a lamb roast is not to overcook it. Lamb has such wonderful flavour on its own, so naturally tender, that it is bound to turn out well, as long as it is still a little pink inside
- 2.5 kg leg of British lamb, boned, opened and laid flat
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed
- 4 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
For the glaze
- 5 tbsp mint jelly
- 3 tbsp mint sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 220C gas 7
- Make 15-20 small incisions into the lamb with a sharp knife.
- Mix together the garlic and oil with a little salt and pepper.
- Spread the oil over the lamb, then place in a baking tray on scrunched up foil
- Pop in the oven and cook for 20 minutes to brown slightly, then reduce the heat to 180C gas 4. Cook for a further 40 minutes
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze well
- Remove from the oven and spread over the glaze. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes to glaze nicely
- Once cooked and still pink, remove the lamb, cover with foil and leave to rest for 35-40 minutes.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket