- 750 g butternut squash
- 6 medium onions, in the skin
- 500 g block all butter puff pastry
- 250 g Cropwell Bishop Stilton
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g watercress, roughly
- 75 g toasted pinenuts
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the squash in half, place it into a baking tray, then drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add the onions in their skins
- Roast for 45mins to 1 hour until the squash is cooked, and you can run a skewer through the onions with no resistance.
- Once cooked, remove and cool, reduce the temp of the oven to 180C
- Next, roll out the pastry into a large square and dock well with a fork.
- Cook in the preheated oven set at 180C, cook for 20 minutes, so the paste is half cooked, then remove from the oven.
- Break up the cheese into a bowl and add the mayo.
- Peel the squash and break into 2-3cm pieces, roughly then dot over the pastry.
- Then dot over the blue cheese dressing all over the onions and squash, and then season well with ground black pepper, and drizzle a little extra virgin oil over.
- Place the tray back into the oven and cook for 20 or so minutes until the pastry is cooked.
- Whilst that is cooking, run and knife through the watercress.
- Remove the cooked tart from the oven and serve on a chopping board.
- Sprinkle over the pinenuts and watercress
- Serve warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket