Crumbly and light-textured, this is the ideal accompaniment to our lemon posset!
- 25 g plain flour
- 115 g cornflour
- 225 g unsalted butter, softened
- 55 g caster sugar
- 55 g icing sugar, sieved
- 12 green cardamoms
- Sieve the flour and cornflour together.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a bowl until soft and fluffy.
- Split open the cardamom pods, place the seeds into a pestle and mortar, and grind to a powder. Add the cardamom powder to the butter and sugar mixture and the flour and cornflour, and then knead well to make a dough.
- Shape into a ball, then flatten and wrap in cling film. Chill for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Roll out the dough to about 5mm thick, then use a 7cm ( diameter cutter to cut out the biscuits.
- Place on the baking sheets then bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Allow to cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket