Not a true authentic Carolina slaw, but delicious nevertheless, add to the cabbage and leave for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Don't be fooled: this dressing is very light and should not be thickened. Best made the day before.
- 250 g white cabbage, sliced very finely on a Japanese mandolin
- 250 g red cabbage, sliced very finely on a Japanese mandolin
- 1 large sweet onion, very finely sliced
- 250 ml cider vinegar
- 250 ml white wine vinegar
- 300 ml water
- 200 ml tomato ketchup
- 75 g dark brown sugar
- 4 tsp dried chilli flakes, level
- 75 ml olive oil
- salt to taste
- Mix the cabbages and onion well.
- Mix all the ingredients up for the marinade, and pour over the cabbage, mix again.
- Check the seasoning. You may need to adjust with salt slightly.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket