I once had a version of this in a market in Tel Aviv. Another salad that is simple to prepare, it's perfect for lunch with a little grilled chicken.
- 2 large carrots, peeled and very finely sliced into thin strips
- 4 salted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 small red onion, peeled and very nely sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 50 g salted cashew nuts paprika (either smoked or unsmoked), to serve
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice 1 large lime
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar salt
- freshly milled black pepper
- First, make the dressing by placing all the ingredients in a bowl and whisking well.
- Next, add the vegetables, mint and nuts, then really mix well. You may need to re-season with salt and pepper.
- Leave at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. When ready, serve with a little dusting of paprika.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket