Mirin is not normally associated with a traditional Christmas lunch, but is a great seasoning and brings out carrots' flavour.
- 500 g carrots
- 500 g swede, roughly
- 115 g unsalted butter, softened but not melted
- 2 lemon, juice
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the carrots and swede into smallish pieces.
- Cook in plenty of boiling, salted water, until well cooked.
- Crush with a potato masher until you have a nice puree.
- Add the butter and lemon at this point.
- Spoon into a bowl and check the seasoning.
- Add the mirin, soy and seasoning.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley.
- Keep warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket