- 1 head broccoli, broken into smaller florets
- 8 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 pint milk
- 0.25 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 75 g butter
- 75 g plain flour
- 200 g grated extra strong Cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for the top
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 200 g sunblush tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Heat the milk and add the spring onion and nutmeg and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
- In another pan, warm the butter until it has melted, add the flour and stir till it thickens and comes together. Add the warm milk and whisk to a boil until you have a smooth sauce. Off the heat, stir in the cheese and mustard, then season well with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Place a large pan of water on the stove, season well with salt, and then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the cauliflower and cook until slightly underdone, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into iced water.
- Next, drain REALLY well in a colander.
- Arrange the cooked cauliflower into a baking dish to fit nice and tight.
- Sprinkle over the tomatoes and spoon over the sauce, then top with the extra cheese.
- Brown under a hot grill or in a hot oven.
- Serve with spicy mango chutney on the side and crusty bread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket