ONE of my favourite go-to, quick meals – it hits all the spots! If you prefer, you can use canned new potatoes instead of frozen roasties. They work equally well.This is particularly good served with a fried egg and pickled red cabbage.
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g frozen chopped onions
- 450 g frozen roasted potatoes, roughly chopped
- 10 g beef stock cube, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 340 g can corned beef, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 fried eggs
- pickled red cabbage
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan with a lid over a medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for ten minutes until lightly coloured. If you’ve taken the onions straight from the freezer, you will need to cook them for longer to evaporate any water as they defrost.
- Don’t worry, just increase the heat to high and leave them for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Add the potatoes and cook over a high heat, stirring everything together, for ten minutes.
- Add 100ml cold water, the stock cube, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, and cook – stirring occasionally – for a few minutes until nearly all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the corned beef, then stir well. Reduce the heat to low, cover and then leave for ten minutes to just warm through.
- Serve with a fried egg and pickled cabbage, if they take your fancy. Delicious!
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket