THIS is a great recipe for all the family that is really easy to make.All the ingredients except the fresh orange zest are from the store cupboard. Just remember to chill the brownie or it will be too soft to cut.
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 110 g salted butter, softened
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g bitter chocolate
- 75 g plain flour, sifted
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 4 Creme Eggs, halved
- vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square baking tray with greaseproof paper, or oil well.
- Melt the golden syrup, butter, sugar and chocolate together in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove the bowl from the pan, then stir in the flour, eggs and orange zest. Mix well but do not overmix or the finished brownie will be chewy.
- Pour into the prepared tray, then carefully place the eight Creme Egg halves into the top of the mix, pressing down slightly.
- Pop into the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket